The GOSUN Stove is a versatile solar cooker that prepares delicious meals using the sun’s rays. Therefore, while camping, boating, hiking, or spending time on the beach, you can prepare delicious meals on-demand without starting a fire or spending money on gas. Furthermore, the GOSUN Stove supports a range of cooking techniques, including frying, roasting, baking, steaming, and boiling using the “clean” power. You can use it when the weather is overcast or cloudy buy you will have to wait longer for food to cook.
Can the GOSUN Stove work in winter?
As long as there is a bit of sun in your area, you can use this product in winter with good results. You can even use it in the arctic as its system is sensitive and requires little sun to work. When sunrays hit the GOSUN tube, they generate heat that cooks food. The highly conductive tube retains heat for long, even in sub-zero temperatures.
This ultra-portable GOSUN stove is very easy to set up and operate.
GOSUN Stove | Solar Cooker
SIZE/CAPACITY: This cooker measures about 0.6 meters (2 feet) long and 5.7 centimeters (2.25 inches). As such, you can cook up to three pounds of food on it (solid and liquid), making it ideal for people with small families. According to Patrick Sherwin, the cooker’s inventor, it can prepare delicious meals for up to four people if set up correctly.
Due to its versatility, the ingenious solar stove can prepare most meals, including egg omelets (up to eight), hot dogs, brownies, fish fillets, frozen foods, pasta, vegetables, raw meat, and muffins, to name a few. The process is efficient, safe, and delivers chef-grade results always.
Features (GOSUN Stove):
- Quick-cooking: Prepared delicious meals in less than 20 minutes at a temperature above 550°F/ 290°C.
- Works during overcast and cloudy days: It does not have to be a hot day for the GOSUN stove to work.
- Compact and portable design: You can unpack and use in seconds.
- No flames, no mess, and no fuel required to cook.
- Roasts, steams, fries, and boils most types of food.
- Has a durable borosilicate glass tube with a two-year warranty. If yours breaks down prematurely, the company has you covered.
- One-year warranty on other components.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
Watch the GOSUN Sport Stove in this Video:
Compact, Portable, and Powered by the GOSUN.
While some individuals consider the GOSUN Stove to be a camping device, a majority of people can benefit from a new one in most settings. For instance, because the GoSun stove works well all year round, even during winter, you get a versatile product that you can use to prepare delicious meals without using fuel or electricity. You can host outdoor barbecues on it during winter. You can also use it during camping trips, hiking trips, or picnics with quick and good results.
This solar store’s value is desirable during a natural disaster or an emergency such as a storm or a hurricane. You can also use it for cooking amid a flood or during an outdoor survival adventure without worrying about running out of fuel. It cooks delicious foods always.
GOSUN | the Company
Like most startup companies nowadays do, the GOSUN Stove debuted on Kickstarter, where it accrued $200,000 from the public to kickstart manufacturing. Since its release, the GOSUN Stove has been in the market for a few years but has proven to be a worthy product that transcends many niches. It has gained ground rapidly since its release.
The GOSUN Company has two divisions – GoSun Global and GoSun Global – that share its solar cooking technology. GoSun Global is the social enterprise wing, making the technology and the product accessible in third world countries. Thus, although the company is for-profit, the provision of eco-friendly cooking technologies is high on its agenda. It also contributes to social good, which is rare nowadays.
How it Works | GOSUN Stove
During sunny days, the GOSUN Stove can prepare a delicious meal in less than 20 minutes. The tube’s temperature can exceed 550°F (290°C), enabling it to cook most types of food during cloudy days. The design of the GoSun Stove is on another level.
The evacuated borosilicate glass used to make the tube of this sun stove pushes the limits of science. The material is not only durable but also a perfect insulator of heat. It absorbs and retains heat for long, enabling you to cook most food types in all weather conditions.
GoSun Cooking Time | Chart
The GOSUN Stove has a broad and reflective design that absorbs heat from many angles. Therefore, unlike solar cookers that readjust to work well, you can use this stove in one orientation with quality results.
Easy to carry and Transport | GOSUN Stove
Should you buy the GOSUN Stove?
This item outperforms the standard solar cookers. The GOSUN Stove is an innovative product that completely encloses food while in use. As such, it shields food from flying debris while in use outdoors and speeds up cooking while retaining nutrients. In addition, the system is efficient at trapping solar rays and thus works in all weather.
Do you enjoy camping outdoors but hate using a traditional cooker that runs out of fuel often? Expect better results from this solar stove. Apart from camping and hiking outdoors, it is also suitable for cooking during family outings to the park or the beach and during picnics.
Finally, you can use it as a backup cooker during power outages, emergencies such as earthquakes, and winter.
Although the solar cooker is expensive, you get your money’s worth from an original one. You will never spend a dime on fuel or gas again while camping or hiking. Moreover, because you are getting a quality product, you do not have to worry about costly repairs with one.
The choice is yours.
Learn more or order one from Amazon.
The GoSun website features other models that you should check out. We also have a full line up of these stoves at the end of this article.
- Dry Weight: 7 pounds.
- Oven Volume: 1.6 liters (53 ounces) of liquid or up to 1.4 kilograms (3 pounds) of solid food.
- Oven Dimensions: Outside diameter is 2.8-inches, while its inside diameter is 2.3-inches. The length is 24-inches.
- GOSUN Stove — Open Size: 24x16x12-inches (Length x Height x Width).
- GOSUN Stove — Closed Size: 24x 8×5-inches (Length x Height x Width).
- Estimated Power Output: 230 Watts when fully exposed.
- Max Temperature: 37.1°C (700°F).
- Working Temperature: 93°C (200°F) to 288°C (550°F).
- Cooking Time: under 10 minutes.
GOSUN Stove | Diagram
Two-Year No Questions Asked Warranty | GOSUN Stove
The GoSun Stove has a generous two-year warranty on its evacuated borosilicate glass tube and a one-year warranty on other components.
You also receive a 30-day money-back guarantee from GoSun for consumers in the United States. Thus, if you buy from an approved seller but fail to satisfy your needs within 30 days, you can ship it back to the factory to get your money back with no questions asked.
Other GoSun Stoves Available
GoSun manufactures some of the best solar cookers too. Modern models that support large-scale cooing are in plenty for people who want to harness the sun’s energy. These are high-quality items.
GoSun Grill | Solar Cooker
The GoSun Grill is a great solar cooker with a thermal battery for storing power during the day and cooking at night. It features a spacious food tube that can prepare delicious meals for eight people. With a bit of effort, you can cook most foods in a GoSun Grill quickly.
Here are the technical details of the GoSun thermal battery.
You can find more details about the modern solar stove from GoSun.
GoSun released the grill in December 2015.
- No Monitoring: It does not burn food – set it up and go.
- No Carbon Crud: Does not use dirty fuel, making its transportation and cleanup a breeze.
- Delicious + Nutritious: Cooks delightful food every time by retaining moisture. You will love the quality that it delivers.
- Goes Everywhere: Boat, deck, park, kitchen, or beach, fold the reflectors and go.
- Cook at Night: A patent-pending Thermal Battery stores energy during the day that you can use to cook at night.
GoSun Sport | Pro Pack
You can get more information about the Sport Pro Pack from GoSun.
- GoSun Sport Solar Cooker: Free cleaning scrubby and a cook booklet from GoSun.
- Padded Carrying Case: Ruggedly built case eases storage and transportation of the cooker. It prevents damage and has many stunning features, including padded custom fit interior pocket that protects the stove from damage.
- An easy-to-clean pocket tray that contains messes.
- Ergonomic shoulder strap for carrying it anywhere.
- Extra Cooking Tray for serving meals as you cook on the other one.
- Five-piece spice kit from Cincinnati spice master and Colonel De for flavoring meals. You get exotic, sweet, and savory flavors in a portable package.
You can order or learn more about this Go solar stove from the GoSun website.
- Dry Weight: 0.7kilograms (15 pounds).
- Oven Volume: 0.3 liters (9.5 ounces) of food.
- Oven Dimensions: 4.5centimeters (.75-inches) outside diameter, 3.2centimeters (1.25-inches) inside diameter, and 30centimeters (11.5-inches) long.
- Unit Assembled Size: 12.5-inches (32cm) x 6-inches (15cm) tall x 8-inches (20cm) wide.
- Maximum Temperature: 371°C (700°F).
- Working Temperature: 93°C (200°F) – 288°C (550°F).
- Cooking Time: Less than 10 minutes.
GoSun Station | Commercial Cooker
You can get more details about the GoSun Commercial Cooker from the GoSun site.
Here is a video of the GoSun Station in action.
- Leveling Stand – legs have an adjustable height that works on all terrains.
- Rotational Swivel – spins from West to East and lockable into position.
- Tilt-Angle adjustment – adjusts between 0°-60° in a swift and simple motion.
- Four Touch-Safe evacuated tube cookers (like Pyrex®).
- Four heavy-duty covers that shade and protect its evacuated tubes when it is not in use.
- Full-length stainless steel cooking trays (four) with insulated lids, seals, and handles.
- Parabolic reflectors made from heavy-duty plastic.
- Disassembles for easy transportation.
- Fully adjustable, weather-resistant, all-metal base, stand, and frame.
- Cleaning supplies and tools.
- Cook Booklet and user’s manual.
- Two-Year Limited Warranty on Borosilicate (like Pyrex®) tubes.
- Three hours of free support from GoSun covering set up and use.
- Half-length stainless steel baking trays.
- Cooking trays have covers that boost moisture management.
- Drip Trays elevate meals above liquids.
- Recipe Cook Book.
- Reflectors made from anodized aluminum.
- Offered for rental during events with the support of the GoSun Team.
- Unique scenarios qualify for additional consultative support.
- Height: Max 60-inches (1.5m), 39-inches (1m) stand, and 32-inches (0.8m) on pallet.
- Width: Max 32-inches (0.8m), 40-inches (1m) on pallet.
- Length: Max 75-inches (1.9m), 60-inch (1.5m) base, 48-inches (1.2m) on pallet.
- Weight: 250lb (113kg) maximum load and 200lb (91kg) maximum Dry/Pallet (estimate).
- Total Volume: Max of 6 gallon (23 liter), 4.2-gallon (16 liter) cooking trays.
- Temperature: 550°F (288°C) Maximum.
- Cooking Chambers: 4-inch inner diameter (10.2cm) x 28-inch inner length (0.7m).